Rostella is based in the heart of Cardiff and provides quality car insurance services to car insurance provider Hedgehog. This means we provide a range of functions including customer service, claims handling, underwriting, pricing and other car insurance related functions. We're a data-driven, agile company where everyone is expected to come up with ideas and help implement them to continually improve what we do and how we do it. Our aim is to create and maintain an industry-leading customer experience.
Hedgehog has been providing car insurance for 3 years, and we are now looking to accelerate our business with support from new partners. We are looking for people to join our Customer Service team who absolutely enjoy interacting with and helping customers.
This is a rare opportunity to experience working in a growing company at the start of an exciting journey. We’re looking for people who have a genuine passion for helping customers and enjoy getting things done. We are a customer service centre, not a sales-based call centre. The difference is, we help customers with their questions and we don’t sell insurance over the phone.
There are two main aims for everyone in the Customer Service team:
1) Help customers with their questions and queries.
2) Continually improve what we do and how we do it to enhance the customer experience.
This role will allow you to play a significant part in helping us to shape the business moving forward and the team’s performance to meet the needs of our business and customers. The right person will also be committed to helping us achieve our goals and live the culture and values of the business.
While the office is based in Cardiff, the position offers the flexibility of hybrid working.
Your key responsibilities:
- Interact with customers via online chat (primarily), email and outbound telephone calls.
- Manage customer expectations whilst taking responsibility to ensure outstanding actions are completed as promised.
- Manage customer policies - making changes to policies and payment terms.
- Handle customers who are not happy with the aim of preventing it escalating to a complaint.
- Provide your feedback to the company to help improve what and how we do it.
- Learn and understand our products, systems and customer processes.
- Understand and comply with company standards, procedures and relevant legal/regulatory requirements.
- You enjoy interacting and helping customers (Essential).
- Calm and considered when faced with a problem.
- You can be empathetic, patient and understanding to what a person is saying.
- You think about the bigger picture when helping customers and you provide information which otherwise would have resulted in the need for the customer to get back in touch.
- You can explain complicated points to a person, in various ways, until they are happy that they understand.
- As the company grows and evolves you will need to be adaptable and excited by changes to how we work.
- You will need strong attention to detail and accuracy in your work.
- Whilst you don’t need to be a mathematician, you need to be comfortable working with numbers as we regularly discuss premiums and other costs with customers.
- You’re always seeking feedback and want to continually improve as grown professionally and as a person.
- As online chat is our main way to communicate with customers, you’ll need to be comfortable typing at a fair pace regularly.
- We’re an online based company and we need people who are very familiar with web use, emails/online chat, using a computer and packages such as Microsoft Office & Excel.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs including English Language and Mathematics
- A minimum of 1 year working in a customer service role (Essential)
- Experience of using online chat to communicate with customers (Preferable)
- Experience of writing to customers via email and letter (Preferable)
- Experience of working within the insurance industry, ideally car insurance (Advantageous)
- Experience working within a regulated environment (Advantageous)
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- £18,000 - £20,000
- Annual salary reviews
- 33 days annual leave (25 days + 8 bank holidays)
- A great central Cardiff working location with opportunities for hybrid working
- A constantly evolving approach to work. We understand the benefits of homeworking, and we also love working with our colleagues in the office.
- Nest Pension scheme
- We supply equipment, so that our employees can work comfortably from home and in the office
- We encourage and support our staff in professional training and qualifications, allowing our employees to take control of their own careers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Discounts on Central Cardiff NCP car parks
- Group social events (optional)