Rostella is based in the heart of Cardiff and provides quality car insurance services to car insurance provider Hedgehog. This means we provide a range of functions including customer service, claims handling, underwriting, pricing and other car insurance related functions. We're a data-driven, agile company where everyone is expected to come up with ideas and help implement them to continually improve what we do and how we do it. Our aim is to create and maintain an industry-leading customer experience.
Hedgehog has been providing car insurance since 2018, and we are now looking to accelerate our business with support from new partners. We are rapidly growing and looking analysts to join our Pricing and MI team to deliver Management Information and analytical services across the business.
While the office is based in Cardiff, the position offers the flexibility of hybrid working.
Your key responsibilities:
- Develop reports and reporting capability to enable colleagues to understand the performance of the business and meet regulatory obligations.
- Act as first point of contact for MI and manage the delivery of requests.
- Ensure all reporting is accurate, consistent and delivered in line with agreed timescales.
- Promote the use of consistent definitions across the business and make sure that any core differences are highlighted and understood.
- Work with developers and data engineers to ensure that the data warehouse remains fit for purpose
- Evaluate the potential impact of new data sources and manage the integration of these into the data warehouse.
- Assist staff across the company to use the data warehouse and maintain MI production manuals
- Peer review reports and analysis created within the team
- Provide support to the Pricing Manager on projects.
- Mentor junior members of staff
Your skillset and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to analyse data to support decision-making.
- Able to identify, investigate and explain data trends.
- Previous experience using analytical software and tools (e.g. SQL, SAS, Snowflake, Looker).
- Strong coding skills required
- Excellent communicator, able to convey complex results to technical and non-technical staff.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Able to identify and understand stakeholder concerns and propose actions to address them.
- Able to use own initiative and progress work independently, delivering within agreed timescales
- Able to mentor more junior members of the team.
- 3+ years' relevant experience within a technical data environment.
- Good understanding of GDPR
- Preference will be given to candidates with an understanding of personal lines insurance reporting requirements.
- Educated to at least degree level (or equivalent) in a mathematical/computing/scientific subject
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- £35,000-£55,000 salary
- Annual salary reviews
- 33 days annual leave (25 days + 8 bank holidays)
- A great central Cardiff working location with opportunities for hybrid working
- A constantly evolving approach to work. We understand the benefits of homeworking, and we also love working with our colleagues in the office
- Nest Pension scheme
- We supply equipment, so that our employees can work comfortably from home and in the office
- We encourage and support our staff in professional training and qualifications, allowing our employees to take control of their own careers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Group social events (optional)