Rostella is based in the heart of Cardiff and provides quality car insurance services to car insurance provider Hedgehog. This means we provide a range of functions including customer service, claims handling, underwriting, pricing and other car insurance related functions. We're a data-driven, agile company where everyone is expected to come up with ideas and help implement them to continually improve what we do and how we do it. Our aim is to create and maintain an industry-leading customer experience.
Hedgehog has been providing car insurance for 4 years, and we are now looking to accelerate our business with support from new partners. We are rapidly growing and have an exciting opportunity for a Claims Handler to join us and directly influence our customer experience in Claims. You will proactively manage an allocation of motor claims from the initial report to closure. This will involve the handling of both first and third party claims.
While the office is based in Cardiff, the position offers the flexibility of hybrid working.
Your key responsibilities:
- Assessing indemnity, liability and quantum on motor insurance claims
- Identification and referral of fraud indicators
- Pro-active case load management
- Negotiating settlement of claims
- Providing exceptional service to our customers and claims suppliers
- Be conversant with the business’ compliance procedures and risks to ensure compliance with all regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Actively seek and provide input that may lead to improved operational processes within the claims area.
- Support the Claims Team Leader with day to day departmental activity.
- Ensure quality, service standards and productivity levels are maintained to a high standard and in line with the company’s expectations.
Your skillset and experience:
- Experience working in a motor insurance claims environment (preferable but not essential)
- Strong communicator with an ability to build relationships with customers, third parties and Hedgehog suppliers
- Ability to interpret data to identify trends to inform action
- Self-motivated & able to work within a team framework
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Annual salary reviews
- 33 days annual leave (25 days + 8 bank holidays)
- A great central Cardiff working location with opportunities for hybrid working
- A constantly evolving approach to work. We understand the benefits of homeworking, and we also love working with our colleagues in the office.
- Nest Pension scheme
- We supply equipment, so that our employees can work comfortably from home and in the office
- We encourage and support our staff in professional training and qualifications, allowing our employees to take control of their own careers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Discounts on Central Cardiff NCP car parks
- Group social events (optional)