Rostella is based in the heart of Cardiff and provides quality car insurance services to car insurance provider Hedgehog in the UK, and more recently travel insurance services to 1Cover in Australia.
Providing software support to both Hedgehog and 1Cover, our partner Orpheus Software who are based in Reading are looking for a Test Engineer with experience in the Insurance industry. This role will allow you to be a significant part in helping shape our businesses moving forward.
We're a data-driven, agile company where everyone is expected to come up with ideas and help implement them to continually improve what we do and how we do it. Our aim is to create and maintain an industry-leading customer experience.
The Orpheus office is based in Reading, with an alternative office in Cardiff. Hybrid working is available.
Your key responsibilities:
- Testing current products and identifying deficiencies
- Suggesting solutions to identified product problems
- Planning, Creating and Managing the overall Quality Planning strategy
- Collaborating with the Product Development team to ensure consistent project execution
- Oversee continuous improvement projects
- Identifying Quality Assurance process bottlenecks and suggesting actions for improvement
- Preparing and presenting reports and metrics to Senior Management
- Extensive Behaviour Driven Development to ensure as much coverage of the application stack
Skillset & Experience
- Demonstrable experience as a test engineer in a related field
- Ability to manage code migration, document configuration changes, and monitor performance
- Advanced proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and repairing them.
- Ability to keep up with innovation in application design.
- Technology stack – Java 11+/ AWS/ Selenium Cypress/ Cucumber Jbehave/ JMeter
- Systems and Tools – Atlassian JIRA/ GIT (Bitbucket - pipelines)/ Gradle/ Linux OS (Mac)/ Sonar/ IntelliJ IDEA. Eclipse/ Confluence
- A confident self-starter and results oriented
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and navigating complex situations
- You have analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are courageous, with the ability to push the boundaries, recognizing the diversity of the organisation’s requirements
- You are resilient and results orientated
- You are eager to learn, you have an analytical mind and have a go-get attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels with the business and externally
- A bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, information technology, information systems, computer engineering, or similar
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Competitive Salary
- A generous 25 days’ holiday allocation plus bank holidays
- Free car parking in Reading (Oracle)
- Enrolment into a NEST pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual salary reviews
- A constantly evolving approach to work. We understand the benefits of homeworking, and we also love working with our colleagues in the office
- We supply equipment, so that our employees can work comfortably from home and in the office
- We encourage and support our staff in professional training and qualifications, allowing our employees to take control of their own careers
- Group social events (optional)