Rostella is based in the heart of Cardiff and provides quality car insurance services to car insurance provider Hedgehog in the UK, and more recently travel insurance services to 1Cover in Australia. This means we provide a range of functions including customer service, claims handling, underwriting, pricing and other car insurance related functions. We're a data-driven, agile company where everyone is expected to come up with ideas and help implement them to continually improve what we do and how we do it. Our aim is to create and maintain an industry-leading customer experience.
Rostella provides pricing services to both Hedgehog and 1Cover, with both companies looking to grow their businesses. We are looking for a Head of Pricing and Data to head up our Pricing team developing and implementing pricing strategies using sophisticated data and analytics.
As part of the Leadership team, to develop, implement and manage strategy in respect of pricing and analytical services in order to support continuous and profitable growth for Hedgehog Motor and 1Cover Travel insurance businesses.
The main Rostella office is based in Cardiff, with alternative offices in Reading. Hybrid working is available although you will be expected to attend the office 2/3 times a week.
Your key responsibilities:
- Lead the development of the Company’s pricing strategies.
- Research new tools and methodologies to improve the pricing models and data analytics, in order to keep at forefront of pricing and analytical techniques.
- Research and identify new opportunities and initiatives for profitable growth.
- Develop new pricing strategies and product design, ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Develop and maintain predictive models to optimise profitability
- Manage continual testing to assess the outcomes of competing pricing strategies, keeping detailed logs that include assessments of modelled and actual performance.
- Provide high-quality written reports to influence senior managers and insurance partners.
Your skillset and experience:
- Previous experience of leading a personal lines pricing team, with both risk and retail pricing experience
- A proactive leader with the ability to develop and motivate team.
- An innovative approach to maximise the benefit of the Company’s data.
- A flair for manipulating and interpreting complex data and making decisions or recommendations, as appropriate, is essential
- Experience of developing and interpreting statistical and machine learning models (e.g. GLMs, Decision Trees, Random Forests, GBMs, XGBoost)
- Previous experience using analytical software and tools (e.g. SAS, R, Python, SQL).
- Excellent skills in explaining, both internally and externally to key business partners, interpretation of complex data and presentation of pricing proposals, as well as good negotiation skills and relationship building skills.
- Educated to at least degree level (or equivalent) in a mathematical/scientific subject
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Competitive Salary
- Annual salary reviews
- 33 days annual leave (25 days + 8 bank holidays)
- A great central Cardiff working location with opportunities for hybrid working
- A constantly evolving approach to work. We understand the benefits of homeworking, and we also love working with our colleagues in the office
- We supply equipment, so that our employees can work comfortably from home and in the office
- Nest Pension scheme
- We encourage and support our staff in professional training and qualifications, allowing our employees to take control of their own careers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Group social events (optional)