Rostella is based in the heart of Cardiff and provides quality car insurance services to car insurance provider Hedgehog. This means we provide a range of functions including customer service, claims handling, underwriting, pricing and other car insurance related functions. We're a data-driven, agile company where everyone is expected to come up with ideas and help implement them to continually improve what we do and how we do it. Our aim is to create and maintain an industry-leading customer experience.
Hedgehog has been providing car insurance for 4 years, and we are now looking to accelerate our business with support from new partners. We are rapidly growing and looking for a Senior Pricing Analyst to join our Pricing team developing and implementing pricing strategies using sophisticated data and analytics.
While the office is based in Cardiff, the position offers the flexibility of hybrid working.
Your key responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain statistical models to analyse pricing performance and total profitability.
- Recommend rating action and changes to pricing structures based on detailed reviews of competitive position, customer behaviour, claims performance and profitability.
- Evaluate the potential impact of new data sources on performance and manage the integration into pricing models.
- Establish and evaluate tests to assess the relative performance of competing pricing structures.
- Conduct regular reviews of classifications used in pricing and underwriting.
- Analyse and monitor competitor pricing activity
- Peer review models and proposals created within the team
- Contribute to Pricing Meetings and prepare content for Underwriting Committee reports.
- Provide support to the Head of Underwriting on projects.
Your skillset and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to analyse data to support decision-making.
- Able to identify, investigate and explain data trends.
- Previous experience using analytical software and tools (eg SQL, SAS, Emblem, Radar).
- Excellent communicator, able to convey complex results to technical and non-technical staff.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Able to identify and understand stakeholder concerns and propose actions to address them.
- Able to use own initiative and progress work independently, delivering within agreed timescales
- Able to mentor more junior members of the team.
- 3+ years' insurance personal lines pricing experience, preferably motor.
- Educated to at least degree level (or equivalent) in a mathematical/scientific subject
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- £40,000-£65,000 salary
- Annual salary reviews
- 33 days annual leave (25 days + 8 bank holidays)
- A great central Cardiff working location with opportunities for hybrid working
- A constantly evolving approach to work. We understand the benefits of homeworking, and we also love working with our colleagues in the office
- Nest Pension scheme
- We supply equipment, so that our employees can work comfortably from home and in the office
- We encourage and support our staff in professional training and qualifications, allowing our employees to take control of their own careers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Discounts on Central Cardiff NCP car parks
- Group social events (optional)